Category: Welfare Reforms

There’s been a change in the Housing Benefit rules – Could you benefit?

Contact us on 0300 303 2500 if all of the following apply to you –
• You are a member of a couple who live together, and
• You are not receiving Income Related ESA, Income Support, Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Universal Credit or Pension Credit, and
• One of you works for 16 or more hours per week, and
• The other is sick or disabled.

Changes to Housing Benefit and Pension Credit when abroad

UK Passport with Euros Currency Notes as a backgroundFrom the 28th July 2016 the length of time Housing Benefit and Pension Credit can be paid when you are outside Great Britain is being restricted. Read more

Benefit Cap is changing

little people questionThe amount of the Benefit Cap is changing.

This is the total amount in benefits your household can receive. These changes will take effect from Autumn 2016. Read more

Changes are happening to Disability Living Allowance

benefit-pip-2013Welfare reforms are continuing the affect the benefits you may receive.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is ending for people who were born after 8 April 1948 and are 16. If you receive DLA  it will continue to be paid to you until the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) writes to let you know when your payments will stop. When this happened you’ll be invited to apply for Personal Independence Payment (PIP), a new benefit that helps with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill-health or disability.

Read more

NEW Swan Welfare Reform Infomercials in English and Bangla

info-vid-001The changes the Government is making to benefits will start in April 2013

To help explain these changes, and how we can help you get ready for them, we have produced these videos, the first in English, the 2nd in Bengali (Bangla) Read more

All about Discretionary Housing Payments

little people moveWhat do you know about Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)?

DHP is a pot of money held and managed by your Local Authority. The money is used to help residents who receive Housing Benefit that doesn’t cover the full amount of their rent. Read more

Have you received a benefit overpayment?

piggy bankThe Department for Work and Pensions is carrying out an exercise to check that you have provided the correct information about your income to calculate your benefit entitlement. Read more

Changes to Jobseekers Allowance

clip-money-03Changes to Jobseekers Allowance from 28 April 2014 may affect you. Read more

Benefit Cap Update

benefit-pip-2013The Benefit Cap began to impact Swan residents on 28 August 2013. Since it was introduced, Swan’s Welfare Benefits Officers have assisted residents affected by the Cap to claim a total of £7,517.69 in Discretionary Housing Payments. Read more

Helping you through Welfare Reform

benefit-pip-2013Do you know that we have a dedicated team who can help you negotiate the changes in the Welfare Benefit system? Read more